Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Truth!

Today's OneWord is 'Truth'
 
Every morning, we rise out of bed and complete the normal necessities to prepare our day. We scurry along getting dressed to impress people who actually do not notice or care. We ensure we are impeccable so we look a second, third, and even a fourth in the mirror to make sure we are okay. We check everything out on the front of the mirror and then we grab another mirror to give the back another look. We want to cover all grounds so the people who do not care or notice will not have any reason to talk about us. We want to look our best so we can impress.
 
I know mirrors are designed to show us exactly what we look like so we can see what is wrong and correct it. Mirrors reflect the truth of what we do not see on our own. When we glance in the mirror and correct what is wrong, we walk away assured that all is well. However, we need to stare in the mirror to make certain we are not getting a false view of ourselves. A lot times if the truth must be stated, we want lying mirrors. We want people to tell us how beautiful and imposing we look. We want people to assume we have it all together by how we look on the outside.
 
However, the real mirror is the Bible. When you look into the Word of God and read what it says, what does it say to us? I can speak from a personal perspective that when I began to look into The Word with a seeking heart, I did not like what I saw. I saw a different picture than the one I saw in the mirror. The mirror told me, 'Girl you look fabulous!' El Roi, the God who see me, whispered, 'Monica, you have some work to do.'
 
I thought looking into the mirror made me pretty, but when I stared into the Bible, I was spiritually ugly. I am not seeking a glamour shot or a glance for a false view. Therefore, I ask God to perform a MRI test, penetrate below the surface, and help me get down to the truth. The mirror makes me look fabulous, but the Word of God ensures I live well. The Bible shows me the truth because I am ready to receive what it says.
 
A lot of us want a good Word from God, but we ignore it when it makes us look at ourselves. The Bible is not like a fresh piece of chewing gum that when the flavor is gone we spit it out. The Bible is flawless without imperfection. Do not be like the evil queen who said, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?", but accept the truth about what we see. Psalms 139: 23-24, "Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life."

 

OneWordMovement - Help us to reach 1 Million individuals Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord! 

  
Much love,
 
Monica Johnson "Unstoppable"
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
Youtube: OneWordMovement Inc or Monica Johnson
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment