Monday, October 8, 2012

Respect!

 
Today's OneWord is 'Respect'
 
One definition of respect is the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect. Respect is also defined as taking into consideration the views and desires of others and incorporating it into your decisions. Being truthful to people. When you respect others, you factor and weigh their thoughts and desires in our planning and balance it into our decision making.
 
From childhood to now, I was taught to respect all people regardless of whom they are or their circumstances. In addition, we are taught that respect is earned. What I have come to realize is that the behavior and words of people do not always align to demonstrate the true meaning of respect. You can stay in the same house, read the same Bible, go to the same church, and profess to be a Christian and not have an inclination about respect.
 
Have someone ever hurt you? Recently, I encountered a tremendous pain from someone, who I considered a Christian friend. The experience confirmed that Satan can disguise himself in many forms, as this person was deceitful and manipulative, trying to interrupt my life. I realize no one is perfect, myself included. We all have problems that some time may cause us to act out our frustrations in different ways. However, this un-Christian act hurt and caused me to wonder what would cause this person to perform such malevolent acts. What I have come to realize is that Christians can be more disrespectful than nonbelievers. The basis for the realization is not based on this one occasion but the sole action that broke the mole. What I found to be astounding was that their actions were used with the name of Jesus attached. We must be extremely careful what we do in the name of Jesus. My heart is not hardened because Jesus forgave me and I am to do the same for them. The best way to be free and stay clear of demonic influences is to "be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18 KJV) and "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom" (Colossians 3:16 KJV). "Vengeance is Mine", says God. I know He will repay me for their wrongful acts.
 
The truth is Christ is to be reverenced, and all persons are to be respected. 1 Samuel 16: 7 (KJV), "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. God does not look at the possessions man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart" Respect one another. This can be accomplished certainly if we put God first. When you respect God, you cannot help but respect one another. RESPECT!
 

 

OneWordMovement - Help us to reach 1 Million individuals Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord! 

  
Much love,
 
Monica Johnson "Unstoppable"
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
Youtube: OneWordMovement Inc or Monica Johnson
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment