Friday, August 17, 2012

Shattered Pieces!

 
"I am sorry. I thought I was a new Creation, not the shattered pieces you knew," I felt like saying. I was allowing the cares of the world to overtake my renewed mind. I was experiencing a spiritual encounter of self-talk or excuses, "I know I've got issues or I am a sinner saved by grace. A new place, new environment, or a new job will really help me right now. 'Out with the old and in with the new and I will be happy.'" The real problem is inside of us, not outside of us. We are shattered pieces in this game called life.
 
It's strange how we never need to rationalize doing the right thing, not in our minds or to anyone else. Virtue stands on its own, single-handedly, while doing wrong usually involves intricate attempts to rationalize something deep down we know is absolutely wrong. Jeremiah 17:9-10, says, "The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But, I God search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are not as they pretend to be." Anytime we allow our actions or words to affirm our rights or highlight the strength of our passions to get what we want over God's unchanging standard of truth, we are living a dangerously life. We can make whatsoever justifiable, it seems, if we feel strongly enough. We never go to the root of the issue. God wants us to pull it from the root!
 
A lot of times, we let circumstances like stress, ruined relationships, drug addition, wounds of the past, deficits in our childhood, lack of affirmation, lack of hugging and touching, or being unappreciated be the fuel that ignites the fire of self-destruction. You remember the old nursery rhyme:
 
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again
 
Maybe the kings couldn't put him together again, but we know someone who can. Due to the deficits from our childhood a lot of us are split in many fragments. We are a million little pieces. And nothing we tried on our own has taken our million little pieces and made us whole. But when we surrender to God, I can assure the story ends different.  God's children sat on a wall. God's children had many great falls. But all of the Trinity – The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, gave God's children the ability to live again.
 
The Bible promises freedom from even the most unshakable of prisons. When we come to God, He cleanses us from all our filthy sin and takes all our million little pieces and makes them brand new, undamaged goods and whole in His eyes. He gives us a new heart and makes us a new person. This gives us an opportunity to know that God goes with us and He will never leave us nor forsake us. Then we are no longer shattered little pieces! Pull it from the root!

 

Much love,
 
Monica Johnson
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment