Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Are We Keeping It Real?

Our values influence our character. If we place more importance on our comfort level than our character, our trails or storms will upset us. When we start to value tangible items and physical relationships more than inner beings or spiritual relationships, we will not be able to discern the importance of our creation, to be used as an example. Spiritual reality effects proper relationship to God through His Word. And God's Word is truth. When we are rightly related to God through His Word, it is hard not to see change in our lives. It becomes difficult to see things wrong and not have the Holy Spirit inside of you reject the words or behavior of those out our alignment.
 
 
In the last three weeks, I have been asking God, "What has caused me to become extremely BOLD for You?" As I reflect, it's only because of His Word. I am by no mean portraying to have it all together or assume the identity of a holy saint. I have issues and situations just like others! I daily have to repent for my thoughts, my ways, and my actions. I know that I am not capable of handling life storms and people without His Wisdom. I want to do right, I sometimes do wrong. I need to think on those things that are pure and wholesome, I sometimes don't. I know an effective prayer can be heard by God, I occasionally seek the wrong advice. However, I can tell you daily my heart cries when I do not follow the responsibilities outlined in His Word.
 
Just hearing the Word is not enough anymore. I want to be a doer of the Word. Many people have the mistaken summation that hearing a good sermon or sitting in Bible study is what makes us grow and receive God's blessings. It's the doing that brings the blessings, not the hearing! Too many people highlight their Bibles, but their Bibles never highlight them!
 
I don't want people to give me Scriptures that they have not used. I need some applications behind those Scriptures. It amazes me how we can read or hear about people's concerns in the Bible, on the news, TBN, Enquirer, People's Magazine, News Week, Essence, and Ebony and yet won't allow people to read or hear our real life issues. I have noticed a lot of people want to keep it real with others stories but not our own. Or better yet, we run to the nearest conference or event to hear a Word from God, when He can tell us. What has happened is that we have placed our trust in man, not God.
 
I am reminded that things are not what they seem. God wants us to trust Him and only Him. He wants us to stop saying 'keeping it real' but stop and discern our attitudes and motives behind our words and actions. There are several things we should do as we look into the reflective window of God's Word. First, we must take a peek and carefully examine ourselves according to the Word. Second, look seriously at what we see, and then look again and make sure we are seeing our heart. Finally, ensure we are obeying what the Word tells us to do, hearing in just not enough!
 
If we are going to keep it real, then let's be REAL!
 
Much love,
 
 
 
Monica Johnson
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment