Thursday, January 19, 2012

Did You Encourage Yourself?

 
Did you have 'Mirror Ministry' this morning?          
 
                                                           
When I was growing up, I spent a lot of time by myself or  even talking to myself about the conditions and situations of my life.  I wanted answers to some basic questions about my psyche and self-esteem. I want to know how I was supposed to manage through life with all these problems. I had so many questions: Who was going to help me? Will I ever not be depressed? What about my future? Will I ever be loved? Will I ever fit in? Will I ever be normal? Who, what, when, why, and most important how? I wanted answers! I wanted someone to tell or help me with life basic questions.
 
 
 
 I would ask people to get some answers...needless to say some of their answers did not help. I was asking the wrong source. I am sure you are saying but you don't have to ask anyone the Bible have the answers to all your problems. In my immaturity, I thought when you are hurt, broken, bruised, and filled with emotions you are not looking to read, you are looking for answers. You are looking for some relief from the distractions of life. You are seeking some resolutions to the overwhelming challenges in your life. Now, I know as a child of God, that the Bible indeed can answer all my problems.  I did not start there I matured into this place.
 
I had a particular friend who was a child of God, who I would frequently ask why me? How am I going to manage or get through these tough circumstances? It's a funny thing about the question "why"? Why always seems to make you defensive. Affliction is never calm, isolated or unresponsive. Pain can't be answered in a neat orderly fashion. When we hurt we ask "why"? When we are angry, wounded, and confused, we ask, "Why?" I am so grateful for my friend who would listen, did not judge but told me the truth.
 
 
As I being to mature, I started having some 'Mirror Ministry'. I started speaking life to myself in the mirror. I started encouraging myself, "I am wonderful made. I will live and not die. I am a survivor. I am more than a conquer. I am the head and not the tail. Honey, you are lovable. Sweet cake, you are filled with joy. Diva, you don't have to fit in you are a peculiar person. I am destiny for greatness. I love myself. I love my body. I love my personality. I can handle whatever comes by way. I am "Unstoppable". The Lord is my strength. Monica, you are beautiful. I love your smile. Girl, I love your freckles. Sweetie, I love you just for being you." I am so grateful for 'Mirror Ministry'! I have learned that with God all things are possible. Its time we learn to accept ourselves for who God has made us to be. I began to surround myself around women or God, who walk the walk and talk the talk about the goodness of Jesus. They showed me what depending and trusting God was all about.
 
 
I know God's instructions (Bible) have all the answers. I have discovered the prosperity, power, peace, passion and sweet potential of all that the Word of God contains for people who are suffering. God has His reasons, a cultivated faith, a stronger person, and a purged heart for the answers to the question "Why?" We want God to be at the center of all things in our lives and be in control. We must allow Him to be our Source. God like a good daddy offers Himself to us. The Bible says, "Lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledges Him and He will direct your path". You may be experiencing a difficult time, you may even feel like you are being persecuted but know that you are not abandoned. You may feel like you are knocked down but believe me when I say you are not knocked out. You should be rejoicing because you have everything you need in Him! Remember all the good things your Daddy has told you about you. We must learn that we CAN, we WILL, and we MUST be all that Our Daddy has created us to be.
 
 
So I ask you, "Who did you see in the mirror this morning?"
 
 
Much love,
Monica Johnson
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment