Monday, January 23, 2012

Are you following Your OWN will or God’s?

 I remember several months ago I was talking with a friend and something she said hit home.  (Paraphrasing) She said, "I told the Lord that I would acknowledge Him in all my ways. I will seek Him for everything, even the simple things in life. I mean everything" I thought about that statement our entire conversation even though we had changed subjects. But when I think back our entire conversation was still focused on acknowledging God in all things. What a powerful way to live! What a great example or being an obedient child to our Father.
 
Can you image seeking God for everything in your life? Can you image trusting in the Lord with all your heart and leaning not to your OWN understanding? Phil 4:13 say, "I can…"
 
Do you know because God directs our paths, He is able to protect our paths? Sometimes we become so impressed with our OWN wisdom and our OWN knowledge that we let our OWN  light beam in the wrong places or make the wrong decisions. When we become so impressed with our OWN selves, we are headed for trouble.
 
 
Let's take a personal spiritual inventory and see if we are seeking the Lord in all things:
 
 
  1. What is coming out of my OWN mouth?
    1. What is in the heart comes out of the mouth.
  2. What do I let come into my OWN ears?
    1. What my ears hear is what affects my thoughts, feelings, and actions.
  3. What do I let my OWN eyes see?
    1. Your outlook determines your outcome.
  4. What is the direction of my OWN path?
    1. Have you examine yourself to see if your steps are ordered by the Lord.
  
Are you following Your OWN path or God's?
 
I know God gives us common sense and He won't do anything for us that we can do for ourselves. But He is the only ONE who sees and knows our future. He does want us to ask Him about ourselves. If we are walking in the way of wisdom and seeking God in all things, God promises to protect our paths, direct our paths, and perfect our paths. 
 
So before you pick up the phone, facebook, email, or tweet your friends, did you ask GOD for His advice concerning you?

 

Much love,
 
Monica Johnson
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment