Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Renewed!

It is astonishing how we listen to others about ourselves. We want to feel understood and experience the love that God intended for us to have. Everybody wants to experience love! However, our relationships are the experiences of personal beliefs. We get out of the relationship what we think we deserve by what we believe about ourselves.
 
The greatest contribution we can give to anyone is to love and accept ourselves. As long as we believe that we are unworthy of love, respect, and "not good enough" then we will reciprocate the same characteristics to others. Sometimes, we say to ourselves, 'That I am not good enough'. Have you ever wondered how those negative words have a lasting impact with our outcome? How it affects our home, work, or even your environment.
 
Where are you today? Where are you in life? Before I got married to Todrick, I had a lot of psychological baggage that needed to be unpacked. The strongholds of abandonment and rejection kept me moving place to place trying to find me. Every week something had to be different. I was allowing these oppressions to keep me from reaching my purpose. I was not happy with me. I did not like me. I did not want to be alone. I did not want to face my problems. I did not want to sit still. I did not want to look in the mirror. I did not know how to improve. I certainly can reflect now that until I liked me, nothing I did was gracious enough, but God allowed it for my good. I recognized that in order for Todrick to love me as the Bible commands, I had to obey God's commandment to love your neighbor as you LOVE yourself.
 
Loving ourselves is about healing the heart so the outside can radiate the inner beauty. I realized that if I wanted to be a woman that respected her husband I would have to take a chance and a significant risk to love me. I did not just want all the finer things, academic accolades, or professional credentials and not have inner beauty and peacefulness. I am sure you have heard the phrase, "That an environment can encourage peace of mind, but no environment can give you peace of mind". I did not come up with the statement, but I can understand its meaning. When I began to change how I saw myself, my outlook on life changed. My attitude and my desire to live changed. I decided to live on purpose.
 
When we are not being satisfied with ourselves, our actions will reflect who we are. We must stop allowing others to validate us, desire us, and love us more than we do ourselves. We attract what we are. Do not place higher demands on others that we have not put on ourselves. As long as we cannot love and accept ourselves, we are incapable of loving others the way God intended.
 
It is always tempting to blame our problems on others, but we only need to ask ourselves what have we contributed to the issues in our life? What behavior attracted this type of outcome? What role did we play? In addition, what responsibility should we take? What did God tell us to do? We must take responsibility for our part of the circumstances, by being honest with ourselves and seeking God for guidance. He will lead our paths in the right direction. People will only treat us the way we treat ourselves. I am renewed because I love me! NOW, I am ready to serve others!
 
 
Please Join OneWordMovement, INC Facebook Page
 
Much love,
 
Monica Johnson "Unstoppable"
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment