Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Necessity!

Today's OneWord is 'Necessity'
 
All honor and glory is due to God. I am so grateful to be back in the USA. The mission trip in Kenya was truly a breathtaking opportunity to see God move. I went to Kenya expecting to help them, but the tables turned they helped me. My desire of awareness and comprehension for God is much deeper. We can never fully understand the depth and knowledge of God. His ways or not our ways and His thoughts are not ours. Africa was extremely humbling, yet it lit an entirely new fire and tenacity for me to preserve.
 
The people in Malindi endured daily to make the best out of their situation. They never complained and always gave God praise because they knew He promised. For a lot of us, life sometimes hands us inconveniences. Our car break; unexpected problems delay plans. On our way to work traffic backed up, or our flight to a crucial meeting delayed for hours. These few items would have a lot of us in an uncompromised and ungodly temperament. Yet, we woke up in a home, had a car to drive, food on the table, but we focused on the things that did not go our way. That is part of our daily life.
 
Let us evaluate what is part of Malindi village's everyday life. What if you had no running water? You can have some if you would walk miles in the villages to retrieve it. What if there was no toilet? You can relieve yourself if you would go in the fabricated bushes. What if there was no bed to get a pleasant night's sleep? Rest is available, but you would have to lay on the dirt floor since that is the bed. In the USA, getting up to go to the bathroom in our homes is not a necessity; it a privilege, Taking a shower or bath when we want to is not a need; it is a luxury. Having a choice of food to choose from is not a staple; it is an honor. However, they live their everyday life from necessity, and we live from appetite.
 
They are holding on to hope because of what God has promised. When I look at my own inconveniences, I must say I have to repent. We barely hold on to God promises when we cannot buy that new purse, shoes, or dress. We think all hell has broken lose when we cannot keep up with the Jones (Who are they anyway?). Nevertheless, they endure and hold on tightly to what He has promised. We should anticipate more than inconveniences. Just like the servants in Malindi, we are vessels used for the kingdom. We should be able to handle any trial that comes our way! They hold on for life; we hold on to fill our wants. They hold on because Jesus promised; we hold on because we expect it. What are we holding on too? God is faithful, and we can always trust Him to keep His promises.
 
Much love,

 

Monica Johnson "Unstoppable"
Founder of OneWordMovement Inc
Youtube: OneWordMovement Inc
contact # 763-MY.1.WORD or 763-691-9673
Winning with OneWord by Working Your OneWord!
 

1 comment:

  1. Monica-- I came home to the news that my daughter's car was in the shop. I had to take my grandson to school this morning and fight the traffic. The "low air" light came on, indicating one of my tires was low on air. I realized that a lot of the problems and incoveniences we face are due to the technology we have in the first place. We must remember we are blessed to have them and that like you said--they are truly not a necessity! The distance I drove my grandson to school was about the same distance I walked daily from village to village. My one word today? Aware - I am now much more aware of all the things we are priveledged to have that many other people do not have!
    So nice to have been able to have the experience in Kenya with you and to get me hooked on one word movement!

    ReplyDelete