Monday, December 31, 2012

‘Stand-up’




Today's OneWord is Stand-up'.

Is your self-image gone and remarkably low? Are you the brunt of offensive jokes? Do the best people, used, and abused by the worst, shun you? Are you broken and bleeding? Is your spirit wounded? Someone reading this today may feel this way. We think we have nose-dived wretchedly, and though time has passed, we still feel guilt, disgraced, and insecure. We feel too timid and easily broken to pick ourselves up and move on.

Today, if this is you, it must stop. Stand-up. Stand-up for what is right! Do not end 2012 in defeat, uncertainty, and untruth. Our attitude determines our actions. Stand-up for yourself! Stop letting people choose whom you are. Ask yourself who are you? Place you name in the __ Who? And begin to seek it, say it, and settle it! Let enough be enough! Go to the place where you can answer the question with clarity, "Am I important?"

When we can answer this question, it builds our capacity to appreciate the abundances of everyday pleasures. What a blessing to be alive? Knowing whom we are brings blessings such as peace in the present moment, satisfaction in the simplicity of life, joy in the ability to take a pleasant walk, and delight in talking with a loved one about serious things. It is a choice, and we get to choose.

Make a commitment to by reading the following:
God will not allow me to suffer more than my capacity. He will never let me put myself down or do anything to hurt me. He shows me unconditional love, and I must do the same. I will seek to find help and support when I do not know where to turn. If I am down, I can call on God and He will help me encourage myself. I am important, and I matter. What I think about myself, I care. I am no longer a punching bag, or the subject of humiliation and degradation. I am important, and I matter. No matter what I find out about myself, I am committed to stand-up. I will no longer allow you to criticize me, put me down, cheat on me, abuse me, or mistreat me. I am important, and I matter. I am someone special. I have dreams, goals, and plans for the future. I can no longer allow you to hinder me, so I will stand-up and move forward. Today, I make a commitment to love me. And there is nothing you can do about it. I take my rightful position in my own life because I am important and I matter. I stand-up today because my name is __and, I approve this message.
Today, I stood up because I am important, and I matter.

Much love, Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment